U.S. IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
The U.S. in-vitro fertilization market size was valued at USD 168.5 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 231.68 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.45% during the forecast period. The consumables segment is likely to witness the highest absolute growth of 43.16% in the U.S. IVF market.
Over the past few years, the infertility treatment market has been growing at a healthy rate because of rising awareness regarding the availability of various infertility treatment options through the government. Vendors advocating IVF awareness and campaigns are increasing the acceptance of IVF procedures and a surge in fertility tourism, which boosts the growth of the U.S. IVF market. Technological advancements and innovations are being majorly focused on by the fertility clinics and fertility treatment centers to improve the treatment outcomes, surging the growth of the IVF market. Some modern in-vitro fertilization technologies are assisted hatching, Cult-Active, EmbryoGen, Embryo glue, and Intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Investors are purchasing and acquiring fertility clinics with a high success rate of fertility treatment. New investors are discovering the attractiveness of infertility treatment after seeing the success of recent investments and establishing fertility clinics with sophisticated infrastructure.
- The consumables segment is likely to witness the highest absolute growth of 43.16% in the U.S. in-vitro fertilization (IVF) market during the forecast period compared to media and equipment product segments.
- As the market is witnessing the increased demand for infertility treatments, this created huge competition among the vendors to offer a wide range of innovative media, consumables, and the devices necessary for infertility treatment.
- Japan, India, and the U.S. have a greater number of in-vitro fertilization clinics compared to other countries.
U.S. IN-VITRO FERTILIZATION INDUSTRY GROWTH FACTORS
- The in-vitro fertilization market has the huge potential to grow as there is an increased prevalence rate of infertility in men and women among the US population.
- By the year 2030, obesity will be a severe and alarming disorder among the US population, which will significantly impact the reproductive health of both males and females. This will boost the growth of the U.S. in-vitro fertilization market share.
- The growing popularity of single women opting for motherhood through organizations such as Single Mothers by Choice and Choice Mom fuels the demand for ARTs.
- End-users majorly use various consumables and related accessories to maintain sterility and perform various stages of in-vitro fertilization procedures. The US in-vitro fertilization devices market by consumables is expected to reach USD 101.96 million by 2026.
- IVF procedures are witnessing an improved overall success rate due to the higher availability of a broad range of culture media. The commercial media manufactured by the key players in the U.S. in-vitro fertilization market are focused on developing media containing various components, including nutrients, vitamins, and growth factors.
- Various companies are strategizing to grow by increasing their focus on mergers & acquisitions and collaborating with other companies to implement artificial intelligence in embryo assessment. Such innovative technologies help in boosting the market for infertility treatments.
- The fertility clinics captured the maximum market share due to the high success rates of fertility treatments and increased awareness of IVF procedures. The Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago had the highest success rates in patients aged between 38 – 40 and the live birth rate per transfer 74.2%.
- The implementation of advanced technologies like fertility clinics in the hospital setting can significantly boost the hospitals' revenues. In-vitro fertilization devices market in the US by hospitals to witness an absolute growth of 24.99% by 2026.
The US in-vitro fertilization market is characterized by the presence of global, regional, and local vendors. In recent years, the global infertility treatment market has witnessed many strategic initiatives by key vendors, which is expected to intensify market competitiveness in the upcoming years. Infertility treatment is a niche industry with high margins for manufacturers, especially for vendors offering equipment, media, and related consumables, that are widely used during ART procedures. Players are expected to have active participation in the U.S. in-vitro fertilization market to maximize profit.
The U.S. in-vitro fertilization market research report will include in-depth coverage of the industry analysis with revenue and forecast insights for the following segments:
Segmentation by Products
Segmentation by End-Users
- Fertility Clinics
Segmentation by Donor Type
- Fresh Non-Donor
- Frozen Non-Donor
- Fresh Donor
- Frozen Donor