ALLERGY TREATMENT INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
The allergy treatment market was valued at USD 28.83 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 42.44 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 6.66%. The increasing risk of environmental allergies, especially in the urban population, is fueling the growth of the allergy treatment industry. Indulging in indoor activities is increasing the incidence of allergies in children. According to the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, almost 40% of the global population is sensitized to at least one type of allergen. The global allergy treatment market by type is segmented as Medication, Immunotherapy, and Emergency epinephrine. The medication segment contributed the most, acquiring a 75.46% share of the allergy treatment market.
The medications are procured in the allergy treatment segment as a monthly supply, on-demand, and online pharmacies. People can choose a monthly, quarterly, or even an annual supply of medications. They are rewarded with extra discounts and great offers, thereby increasing the sale of allergy medicines across the globe. The global allergy treatment market is expanding at a rapid pace because of the increasing demand for allergy solutions following the increasing prevalence of allergic diseases.
- Europe and APAC are two of the most rapidly growing regions in the allergy treatment market share, with a CAGR of 7.80% and 8.14%, respectively.
- There is a high awareness of allergy diseases in the North American population. The allergy treatment industry in North America will grow at a CAGR of 5.77% during the forecast period.
- The immunotherapy segment is expected to grow faster with a CAGR of 9.46% during the forecast period.
- The global allergy treatment market by oral is expected to reach USD 16.72 billion by 2026.
- The global skin allergy treatment market acquired a 14.39% share in 2020.
ALLERGY TREATMENT MARKET GROWTH FACTORS
- The condition is much severe in children, as they don’t possess the awareness to avoid such allergens and can easily produce an allergic event, accelerating the growth of the allergy treatment market.
- The increasing of pollens present in the polluted air are more likely to induce allergies is one of the major factors creating the growth of the allergy medicine market.
- Food allergies are increasing the incidence of atopic dermatitis and co-exist with the condition surging the growth across the healthcare industry.
- The Europe and APAC regions are expected to grow faster than other regions, which also have a higher acceptance rate for immunotherapy products.
ALLERGY TREATMENT MARKET SEGMENTATION
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by
- Product Type
- Dosage Form
- Distribution Channel
- In 2020 the global allergy treatment market by medications was valued at USD 21.76 billion. The medications segment mainly dominates allergy treatment. Medications provide relief instant due to which is propelling the demand for allergy medication.
- The global food allergy market size is expected to reach USD 9.62 billion by 2026. According to the World Allergy Organization, almost 2.5% of the general population is allergic to at least one type of food. Another common food allergy is the peanut allergy, which is increasing rapidly in the global population. According to recent studies in the US population, peanut allergies have almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- The global allergy treatment market by nasal will grow at a CAGR of 6.81% in the upcoming years. Decongestants along with histamines and corticosteroids are commonly prescribed as a nasal formulation. The rising of nasal allergic diseases is propelling the demand for the treatment of allergies.
- Retail pharmacies acquired a 59.50% market share of the global allergy treatment market. The direct interaction with the customers, thus having higher customer satisfaction. Outpatient care is another driver for the retail pharmacy. Outpatient care is getting more popular as people are getting more and more aware of their own health.
North America is the biggest segment in the global allergy treatment market by geography.
The rapid development in industrial growth and urbanization in North America is growing the risk of allergies heavily. There is a high awareness of allergy diseases in the North American population, contributing a high share to this industry across the region. The allergy treatment market in North America will grow at a CAGR of 5.77% during the forecast period.
Europe is the second-largest market for allergy treatment products. One of the crucial factors for the growth of allergy treatment is the growing number of companies providing immunotherapies across the region. Europe, almost 45% of the population from the age group 20-45 years old, is prevalent for allergic rhinitis, and the advancements in allergy treatment boost the growth.
INSIGHTS BY VENDORS
The competition in the allergy treatment industry is based on the product type. Holding such situations as exceptional, the medications segment is highly competitive. The immunotherapy market is dominated by Allergy Therapeutics and ALK-Abello, with their new and innovative products. The vendors in the segment are focused on introducing newer products that are distinct and innovative to get an edge over competitors. The immunotherapy industry is growing rapidly, with the number of approvals increasing in the US. The key vendors focusing on innovations and clinical research are the leading drivers for the segment.
The allergy treatment market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry analysis with revenue and forecast insights for the following segments:
- Product Type
- Mast Cell Stabilizers
- Emergency Epinephrine
- Food Allergy
- Pollen Allergy
- Skin Allergy
- Dosage Form
- Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Sales
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia