BELT-DRIVEN STARTER GENERATOR MARKET OUTLOOK
The global belt-driven starter generator market size was valued at USD 732.54 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 1,339.05 million by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.58% during 2021-2026.
The growing awareness among the population with respect to carbon emission is leading to the increasing demand for various technologies. Thereby, to minimize the impact on the environment, belt-driven starter generator is gaining traction in the global industry. A belt-driven starter generator helps in achieving fuel efficiency at a low cost, which is likely to support the growth. Mild hybrid electric vehicles (MHEVs) are increasingly gaining momentum with the growing penetration of 48V technology.
The stricter government regulations and the presence of several automotive parts suppliers are likely to support the belt-driven starter generator market growth. The rising fuel cost in various countries across Europe and APAC leads to the increasing demand for vehicles that will promote fuel efficiency, leading to the higher demand for belt-driven starter generators.
- In 2020, 48V belt-driven starter generators (BSG) accounted for the highest share in the global belt-driven starter generator industry and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
- Germany is one of the largest new car markets in Europe and is witnessing a continuous rise in demand for electric vehicles across the country.
- China and Japan are the key countries in the APAC belt-driven starter generator industry.
- The increasing automotive manufacturing in Brazil and Mexico will likely create higher demand for belt-driven starter generators.
- The micro-hybrid electric vehicles' contribution to the belt-driven starter generator industry is projected to witness an incremental growth of USD 154.56 million during the forecast period.
BELT-DRIVEN STARTER GENERATOR MARKET SEGMENTATION
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by
- Product Type
- Vehicle Type
- Cooling Type
BELT-DRIVEN STARTER GENERATOR MARKET SEGMENTS AND SHARE
- Europe contributes the highest share towards the 48V belt-driven starter generator while APAC & North America are expected to witness the highest growth rate.
- China and Europe hold the higher share in MHEV. The US is expected to witness an increase in demand for MHEV during the forecast period, thereby leading to a rise in demand for belt starter generators in the market.
- Micro hybrid vehicles make use of a 12V-24V belt-driven starter-generator system. The global belt-driven starter generator market by micro-hybrid vehicles will grow at a CAGR of 9.25%.
- North America is expected to grow significantly in the hybrid-cooled belt driven starter generator market.
- APAC holds the second-largest share in the global belt driven starter generator market, led by China and Japan. In 2020, the regional market accounted for a revenue share of more than 25%, which is projected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
The Germany and UK are the major countries driving the demand for belt driven starter generators in Europe.
The European carmakers are increasingly focusing on MHEV systems with 48V architecture. The demand for belt starter generators is projected to grow significantly in the European market year-over-year. Germany is one of the largest new car markets in Europe and is witnessing a continuous rise in demand for electric vehicles across the country.
As the industry is expected to normalize, supported by the growing investments in mild and micro-electric vehicles, the demand for belt starter generators is likely to boost across the region. In the past year, Europe emerged as the most dominant geographical segment in the global belt integrated starter generator and accounted for a significant revenue share.
Major players in the belt starter generator industry include Continental, Valeo, Denso, and others. The present scenario drives vendors to change and refine their unique value propositions to achieve a strong presence. Major vendors continually compete for the leading position in the industry, with occasional spurts of competition coming from other local vendors. The vendors offering 48V BSG are expected to enjoy an advantage owing to the increasing penetration of 48V technology in the MHEVs. Large vendors with high production capacity are at the advantage of offering lower-priced products, thereby achieving higher economies of scale. In the upcoming years, the market is going to be highly competitive.
The global belt-driven starter generator market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry analysis with revenue and forecast insights for the following segments:
- Product Type
- Vehicle Type
- Cooling Type
- Rest of APAC
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa