CAR-T cell immunotherapy represents one of a major breakthrough in cancer research. For decades, the cornerstones of cancer treatment have been chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation therapy. Over the past decade, targeted therapies and immunotherapies have changed cancer treatment paradigm. The CAR-T cell therapy, a form of immunotherapy, is a novel adoptive antitumor treatment. Ideally, CAR-T cells can particularly localize and destroy tumor cells by interacting with the tumor specific antigens located on tumor cell surface.
CAR-T cell therapy showed promising results in the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumors. The third generation of CAR-T cell therapy demonstrates increased antitumor cytotoxicity and persistence through modifying the structureof CAR-T cells. In this report, we mentioned the preclinical and clinical progress of CAR-T cells targeting various variants including EGFR, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2), and mesothelin (MSLN).
The manufacturing of CD19 CAR T cell immunotherapy CTL019 is in a way which will reform the process of using the CAR T cell therapy globally. The anticipation of regulatory and manufacturing challenges before they rise and proactively addressing the disquiets helps to hasten the process of bringing this promising novel approach to more patients in future. Few of other promising CAR T cell candidates currently in the pipeline are KTE-C19, JCAR020, JCAR 024, JCAR015, JCAR017, UCART19, S68587, UCART123, MB-101, bb2121, PCAR-119, anti-CD19 CAR-NK cells, MB-102, AU-101, huCART19, huCTL019, BPX-401 (CIDeCAR), OXB-302, ICG-122, CD4CAR, ICG-124, CD5CAR, ICG-142, ICG-140, ICG-138/ICG-139, ICG-136. Few of the key companies which are involved in the development of CAR-T cell therapy include Amgen, CARsgen, Celgene, Cellectis, Humorigin, iCell Gene, Innovative Cellular Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, Intrexon, J&J, Kite Pharma, MabVax, MaxCyte, Novartis, Oncternal, Opus Bio, Pfizer, Sorrento, Takara and Ziopharm.
Reasons to Buy
- To gain erudite insights about the Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell immunotherapypipeline landscape
- To ascertain unique product development dynamics and leverage it for new target identification, drug repositioning, and precision medicine
- To optimize the pipeline product portfolio in correspondence with the dynamic pharmaceutical market
- To identify competitors and design strategic initiatives for drug development activities
- To understand the market and choose right partners for strategic collaborations
- To obtain informed updates on drug termination/drug discontinuation