DISINFECTION ROBOTS MARKET INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
The global disinfection robots market size is expected to reach a revenue of USD 561.45 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 30.69% during the forecast period. The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 boosts the usage of disinfection robots, mainly at hospitals, where the risk of cross-contamination is high and can lead to hospital-associated infections (HAIs) in patients. The installation of robotic technologies will play a significant role in curbing the future crisis across the globe. Did you know? Schools, logistics, and other public spaces have the highest adoption of disinfection robots than other end-users. The presence of several startups is expected to boost the growth of the market. Europe dominated the disinfection robots market share in 2020, followed by North America, APAC, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
The urgent need to protect emergency healthcare personnel from COVID-19 has necessitated non-medical companies to produce protection tools. Several companies are making investments while supporting the robotic industry to provide greater control in shaping the future. In the coming years, Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) will be highly incorporated into disinfection robots for additional features that can improve the systems' workflow. Robotic technologies are gaining higher significance in performing cleaning and disinfection services.
- Antimicrobial resistance due to HAIs has been a significant concern across Germany. In 2020, Germany accounted for a share of 22.70% in the European disinfectant robots market.
- UVD Robots, one of the leading vendors providing disinfection robots, has more than 60 unique features filed patented solutions being technologically 2-4 years ahead of any competitor in the market.
- In 2020, the disinfection robots market in India accounted for a share of 10.40% in the APAC market.
- According to many studies in the country, China has reported HAIs as a significant public health concern associated with an annual direct economic cost of approximately USD 1.5−2.3 billion.
- The disinfection robots market in the UK is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30.46% by 2026 due to the growing number of the older population.
DISINFECTION ROBOTS MARKET GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- AI and robotics are improving healthcare by providing increased accuracy and witnessing growth in the market.
- The introduction of newer liquid disinfectants will highly be adopted to supplement the traditional cleaning and disinfection process. The incorporation of disinfection robots will contribute to the market's growth.
- UV disinfection robot segment is expected to witness the highest incremental growth of USD 376.46 million during the forecast year.
- Nurse robots that assist doctors in hospitals are being commonly used in Japanese hospitals, thereby boosting the growth of the disinfection robots market in Japan.
DISINFECTION ROBOTS MARKET SEGMENTATION
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by
- Product Type
INSIGHTS BY PRODUCT TYPE
UV disinfection robot segment is expected to achieve an incremental growth of USD 376.46 million by 2026.
UV disinfection has several advantages compared to other cleaning methods and is gaining high traction in the global disinfection robots market. Emerging players offering UV-C disinfection robots and advantages associated with them contribute to the market growth. The cheaper ways to generate disinfecting UV light are enabling the UV segment’s growth.
The disinfection spraying robots are developed to sterilize areas, equipment, and vehicles located in open space areas. The use of hydrogen peroxide has been slowly gaining significance due to the emergence of startups like Bioquell, XAG, and other research-based manufacturers. For instance, SK Telecom and Omron Electronics Korea jointly developed a 5G-based disinfection robot with UV lamps and disinfection sprayers that helps cleaning up to 99%.
INSIGHTS BY END-USER
In 2020, healthcare facilities accounted for a share of 27.15% in the global cleaning robots market.
Healthcare settings are home to various HAIs and multidrug-resistant organisms that affect patients, physicians, and other healthcare workers. The future emergence of epidemics or serious communicable infections will elevate the growth of the global market. Over the past two decades, airports have become more crowded, and the personalized experience that passengers used to receive when traveling through terminals has reduced. The acceptance of the latest UV-C technology combined with an industrial-based autonomous robot platform to provide a great tool to disinfect terminals in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly is gaining high momentum in this segment.
INSIGHTS BY GEOGRAPHY
The Europe disinfection robots market is anticipated to witness the highest incremental growth of USD 146.71 million during the forecast period.
Higher adoption of advanced systems in healthcare facilities, continuous research & development activities, and the growing number of manufacturers in the disinfection robots in the region are enhancing the growth of the European market. The government initiatives towards healthcare are fueling the growth of the disinfectant robots market. The increasing incidence rate of HAIs is the major factor contributing to the growth in the region. The COVID-19 pandemic has rapidly accelerated the adoption of disinfection robots and expanded their use from hospitals to hotels and public spaces. Initially, two Slovenian hospitals received two of the first robots purchased by the European Commission to disinfect patient rooms and reduce and contain the spread of COVID-19.
Technological innovations are further accelerating the growth of service robots.
Blue Ocean Robotics, Nevoa, Taimi Robotics Technology, XAG, and Xenex Disinfection Services are among the prominent disinfection robot market companies. Players are introducing unique propositions to sustain in the competitive environment. A large number of investments and funding are also propagating the contribution of vendors in the market. The vendors offering disinfection robots in the market are expanding their market share in collaborating with end-users, especially during COVID-19 to provide cleaning robots. Players face more competitive challenges due to the rising entry of many start-ups which is likely to utilize technological advancements. For instance, the Xenex LightStrike pulsed xenon UV disinfection robots were made available in Africa for the first time by Kiara Health, an authorized reseller of Xenex LightStrike germ-zapping robots.
The global disinfection robots market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry analysis with revenue and forecast insights for the following segments:
By Product Type
- UV Disinfection Robots
- Disinfection Spray Robots
- Combined System Robots
- Healthcare Facilities
- Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Airport & Transports
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia