The France harvesting equipment market witnessed shipments of 1,931 units in 2022 and is expected to reach 2,383 units by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 3.57%. The harvesting equipment market is expected to witness considerable year-over-year (YoY) growth due to the shortage of farm labor, high demand for efficient and advanced harvesters, and the launch of several schemes, especially in the agricultural sector. A shift toward electric-powered harvesters and the advent of intelligent & smart harvesters are expected to significantly boost the growth of the France harvesting equipment market during the forecast period.
- France has over 64.6 million food consumers. The agriculture sector plays a vital role in the development of the economy. Developed economies focus on agriculture as food self-sufficiency is the critical agenda for any economy to flourish.
- The France harvesting equipment market grew by 2.9% in 2022 from 2021. The increase in crop production and harvesting equipment sales was due to a favorable climate in 2021 and 2022.
- With the share of agricultural exports growing slowly, the French government is working to double the quantity and revenues from agricultural product exports by 2030.
- Most of the government plans schemes and initiatives to facilitate credit and improve agriculture-related operations, contributing to the growth of the overall value chain of the France harvesting equipment market.
INSIGHTS BY HARVESTER TYPE
The France harvesting equipment market is categorized into the following segments based on the harvester types: combine and forage harvesters. The combine harvester segment generated the highest sales in almost all the regions of France due to their efficiency, labor-saving capabilities, versatility for diverse crops, precision agriculture integration, and the need to meet increasing food demands efficiently. Combines have revolutionized the harvesting process, allowing farmers to efficiently and effectively collect large quantities of crops.
INSIGHTS BY HORSEPOWER TYPE
The 150-300 HP horsepower segment recorded the high France harvesting equipment market share in 2022. The major factors for the increasing growth of the medium-power (150-300 HP) range of harvesters are versatility and adaptability, cost-effectiveness, and operational flexibility.
Trends Driving Medium HP Range Harvester Sales in the France Harvesting Equipment Market:
- Crop Adaptability: Medium HP harvesters are favored by farmers due to their versatility across various crops, accommodating the diverse agriculture seen in France.
- Enhanced Efficiency: Farmers seek productivity gains, and these harvesters strike the right balance between capacity and maneuverability, ensuring efficient harvesting without compromising crop quality.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: In France's competitive agricultural landscape, a medium HP range of combines and foragers offer cost-effective alternatives to larger models, attracting budget-conscious farmers while delivering substantial performance.
In terms of region, the northern and eastern states have reportedly shown a higher demand for harvesting equipment than the western and southern parts of the country. Moreover, the states in the north zone of the country have a higher level of mechanization than any other part of the country. The strong demand for harvesters is expected to come from the eastern part of the country during the forecast period. In 2022, the North region held the highest demand for harvesting equipment across the France harvesting equipment market. The northern region of France, which includes areas like Hauts-de-France and Normandy, is characterized by a mix of agricultural activities, including arable farming, livestock production, and dairy farming. These activities drive the demand for various types of harvesting equipment to cater to the diverse crops and needs of the region.
The France harvesting equipment market is characterized by various global vendors that account for most of the industry share. Therefore, it would be difficult for new players to compete with well-established vendors in the industry. The key competitive factors of the industry players include efficiency, product reliability & availability, after-sales service, and price. New Holland, Claas, John Deere, Case IH, and Fendt are among the major vendors in the France harvesting equipment market.
Vendors invest in R&D to develop fundamental technology to establish competitiveness by enhancing core product technology in the France harvesting equipment industry. Vendors differentiate themselves by enhancing product development, focusing on after-sales business, and cutting costs through greater operational efficiency. There is competition in the industry in the pursuit of large-scale farming. The agriculture industry is experiencing slow growth and tends to have a competitive environment, heavily influenced by price due to supply balancing demand. Price competition tends to be more significant for new harvester orders than aftermarket services. Considering the forecast for 2028, pricing for new harvester orders is expected to be a particularly influential competitive factor. Competition in the aftermarket portion is majorly against large, well-established national and global competitors and, in some industries, against regional and local companies.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS REPORT?
This report is among the few in the market that offer outlook and opportunity analyses forecast in terms of:
- Market Size & Forecast Volume 2020–2028 (Units)
- Segmentation by Harvester type
- Segmentation by Horsepower Type
- Segmentation by Regions
- Major current and upcoming projects and investments
- Competitive intelligence about the economic scenario, advantages, and benefits of harvesters, market dynamics, and shares
- Latest and innovative technologies
- Import and export analysis
- Company profiles of major and other prominent vendors