The global non-surgical skin tightening market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% from 2022 to 2027 and is expected to reach $1.78 billion by 2027 from $1.18 billion in 2021. The heightened demand for non-surgical procedures and the devices used for the therapies are anticipated among the young and beauty-conscious population. Advanced devices used in medical aesthetics procedures and non-surgical skin tightening procedures enable secure and effectual non-invasive lysis of fats under the skin. The well-established key vendors such as Alma Lasers, Ltd., Solta Medical Inc. (Bausch Health Companies Inc.), Cutera Inc., Cynosure, Inc., and many others are focused on the strategies, expansion, and launches of innovative products in the industry.
- The vaccinations and the release of the lockdown regained the pace in the industry. The population started focusing on their physical appearance and became health conscious. This derived the manufacturer’s device sales in the global non-surgical skin tightening market.
- The increasing demand for aesthetic procedures in men is seen more frequently nowadays.
- Laser-Based Devices, Ultrasound Devices, and Radiofrequency Devices are the main product types in the Global Non-surgical Skin Tightening Market.
- For more than 70 years, radio frequency therapies have been employed in medicine. Skin tightening ranked sixth among the most popular non-surgical procedures in the United States in 2016, with the treatments becoming increasingly popular with patients seeking non-surgical tightening. Radiofrequency devices global non-surgical skin tightening market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.00% during the forecast period.
- Recent FDA development has also given a boost to the industry. It has approved many skin tightening treatments and technologies for Ultherapy, EmbraceRF, Profound RF, Exilis, Morpheus8, and Thermage.
- Vendors increasing focus on enhancing device technology to meet the needs due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic is contributing to the current spike in sales in the non-surgical skin tightening devices market.
GLOBAL NON-SURGICAL SKIN TIGHTENING MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
Launch of new technologically advanced products
Technologically advanced devices are used in non-surgical skin tightening procedures. Many laser technologies rapidly improve their efficiency and performance for better results and fast approval. The technological development in NuEra Tight with FocalRF of Lumenis Ltd. is notable as it provides a personalized solution for Fat Reduction, Skin Tightening, Cellulite, and Wrinkle Reduction in one device.
Growing adoption of home-use aesthetic devices
The geriatric population's adoption of aesthetic treatment devices is growing globally. The home-use aesthetic devices make an opportunity for the market to grow. Home-use devices are in demand as they are less painful and leave no scars. These devices are far better than the surgical procedures opted for skin tightening treatments. The cost-effectiveness and ease to use are the other properties that drive their usage.
The increasing technologies in the home use devices also promote the usage of such devices. The rising awareness of home-use devices drives the market and the adoption of home-use aesthetic devices.
Increasing non-surgical body contouring
The Body contouring procedures are minimally invasive to noninvasive as they are non-surgical. The targeted areas of body contouring are the face, thighs, abdomen, flanks, buttocks, underneath buttocks, arms, double chin, bra, side fat, etc. the treatment takes about 30-90 minutes to complete. A repetitive session of such treatments is required for an optimal result.
CoolSculpting is one such fat reduction treatment approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Another one is SculpSure which the FDA cleared in 2015. In this treatment, the elevated temperatures induced in the targeted area cause the fat cells to die.
Adoption of aesthetic procedures in men
Men are the fastest-growing market segment in aesthetic procedures in the total population. It was observed that they only have a keen interest in non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures. The male population tends to be curious and precautionary about the scars on the visible parts of the body. This is due to the awareness and education available before going or opting for a cosmetic procedure.
But the fact cannot be denied that the market is predominant towards the female patient for cosmetic procedures. Men are more cautious about their physical appearance than the earlier generation due to the social media influence and the demand or the competition in the world to be the best. They have started spending double what they spent before on appearance.
- Adaptable gadgets have been utilized to solve diagnostic and therapeutic issues, allowing scientists and clinicians to adjust techniques to match specific and unique settings. Medical lasers enable more complex jobs to be completed. When used correctly, it can provide good benefits, prevent post-operative discomfort, the risk of wound infection, spread of bacteria or some malignancies, reduce the treatment time in some cases, and result in better skin rejuvenation.
- 35-65 age group consumers have the largest market share. This can be attributed to the fact that this the is most working population. They need to keep the physical look on upfront to appeal to others. Physical appearance also boosts self-confidence and attitude towards living in these folds.
- The number of cosmetic procedures increased after the removal of lockdown in post-2020. The initiation of vaccination for COVID accelerated the number of procedures post-pandemic due to the realization and consciousness of physical appearance through the regular zoom calls. This was also called as zoom boom.
An elevation of demand was observed in consumer spending during the mid-COVID period and late 2020 on cosmetic procedures, primarily non-surgical or minimally invasive cosmetic procedures worldwide. Based on the geography segment, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, and Middle East &Africa. North America dominated the market.
- North America: The region has a high presence of major industrial players operating in the aesthetics industry, especially in non-surgical skin tightening devices, and has become a remarkable market growth driver. Companies in North America plan and make various strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, agreements, and partnerships to sustain the competition. For instance, in May 2020, AbbVie acquired Allergan for business expansion in terms of product portfolio in medical aesthetics and minimally invasive procedures, giving a vying edge to other manufacturers in the industry.
- Europe: The countries in the region are accelerated with the presence of skilled and board-certified cosmetic surgeons for aesthetic procedures. Social media here attributes its influence on the younger population to experience and show interest in cosmetic procedures, primarily non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures.
This surge in the adoption of non-invasive surgeries was due to the advanced devices and the instant results such as reduced laxity, painless procedures, no scars, and many others for non-surgical procedures. Thus, the demand in the skin tightening market will rise further in the forecast period.
- APAC: The advanced features and modern technologies in laser energy devices have propelled much more in APAC than in Europe and North America, owing to the standards maintained in the region regarding beauty factors such as smooth, tight, and hairless glowing skin. The awareness and the high interest in aesthetic medical technologies drive the market in the region.
- Latin America: Latin America compresses a large territory with Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and many regional countries. Brazil has become a prominent place for plastic and cosmetic surgery. The access to the internet and the rise in social networking have helped this country to get fame for cosmetic procedures. The accessibility of advanced devices & products needed for the procedures and the treatments at low prices enhance the market growth in the region.
- Middle East & Africa: The women and the men in the Middle East are very beauty conscious and prefer to be physically good-looking. The increased focus on research and development for medical devices and the rising adoption of advanced technologies in healthcare has escalated the market growth in this region.
The global non-surgical skin tightening market is highly competitive and dynamic, with many global, regional, and local vendors offering a diverse range of non-surgical skin tightening treatments and devices to the end-users. All the companies that primarily derive revenue from non-surgical skin tightening devices have grown significantly over the past years. The strategic partnership, capacity expansion, and differentiated products have fueled their growth in recent years.
The well-established key market players such as Alma Lasers, Ltd., Solta Medical Inc. (Bausch Health Companies Inc.), Cutera Inc., Cynosure, Inc., and many others are focused on critical strategies like expansion, launches of innovative products in the market, global presence, and acquisition of new customer base. Some of the key developments in the vendor landscape are:
- Cynosure is an innovative manufacturer of energy-based aesthetic and medical treatment systems. The company focuses on applications like skin revitalization, hair removal, scar reduction, body contouring, gynecological health, and many more. On March 21, 2018, Zensar acquired Cynosure Inc. to enable Zensar to have an insurance segment that will help to increase the company’s position to grow faster in the fast-growing Insurance software market.
- On October 29, 2019, Cynosure launched StimSure in Europe and the Middle East. A non-invasive electromagnetic technology for toning the abdomen, buttocks, and thigh muscles.
- In May 2020, AbbVie acquired Allergan for business expansion in terms of product portfolio in medical aesthetics and minimally invasive procedures. It gave a vying edge to the other manufacturers in the market.