FOGGING MACHINES INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
- The global fogging machines market size by revenue was valued at USD 6.2 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 10 billion in 2026, growing at a compound average growth rate (CAGR) of 9% during the forecast period.
- APAC is likely to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the solid economic growth with rising disposable income, expansion of commercial spaces, and improvements in retail and hospitality industries.
- The thermal fogging machines market expects to pose an absolute growth of over 64% during the forecast period.
- Battery-based fogging machines expect to grow at the fastest CAGR as sustainability and eco-friendliness are significant concerns among consumers.
- The agricultural sector is likely to merge as one of the dominant end-user applications in the commercial segment. This segment accounted for a 14.46% share of the total market revenue in 2020 and is expected to pose an absolute growth of 58.55% during the forecast period.
- The contract cleaners segment is likely to account for 24% of the market revenue by 2026.
IMPACT OF COVID-19
The outbreak of diseases such as Ebola, Swine flu, and COVID-19 has created public awareness and fueled the demand for hygiene and sanitation. The frequent eruption of pandemics or epidemics has forced healthcare systems worldwide to opt for sustainable preventive measures. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 enforced the necessity of sanitation at front centers in domestic, industrial, commercial, and educational facilities. As the epidemic has become virulent, deep surface cleaning with new sanitation protocols has been proposed across facilities. Although fogging machines are widely used for pest control, they excel in virus elimination, enhancing their market during 2020. By utilizing formulas such as the V2 antiviral disinfectant, fogging kills a range of pathogenic viruses within five minutes, thereby leaving the surfaces safe and clean for human contact. It is also proven to be safe in healthcare, medical, and food production facilities. Fogging machines offer sanitation for indoor and outdoor applications for business, making them a potential choice for keeping workplaces free from viruses and germs.
GLOBAL FOGGING MACHINES MARKET SEGMENTATION
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by
- Power Source
SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- The global thermal fogging machines market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period. APAC, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa regions are expected to account for 53.60% of the growth in the thermal fogging segment.
- The cold fogging machines segment was valued at USD 2.42 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.35% during the forecast period. Curtis Dyna-Fog, IGEBA, PESTWORKER, Vectorfog, SM BURE, Dolphy are some of the key players operating in the ULV fogger segment. The cold fogging chemicals are EPA- registered, which ensure their action against harmful viruses like COVID-19.
SEGMENTATION BY POWER SOURCE
- The global corded fogger machines market is expected to reach approx. USD 4 billion by 2026. Electric-powered fogging machines are used in several industrial and commercial sectors for medium to heavy applications. Cold foggers are the major revenue contributors for electric-powered foggers as they are compact and versatile in operations. Thermal foggers are likely to contribute to the segment’s growth during the forecast period.
- The global cordless fog machines market expects to grow at a CAGR of approx. 9% during the forecast period. Innovations in lithium-ion batteries are likely to be a gamechanger that can increase the adoption of battery-powered foggers. The ease of operation, convenience level, and flexibility to disinfect hard-reach areas is driving the market for the cordless segment.
SEGMENTATION BY END-USER
Fogging machines constitute significant disinfection equipment with diverse usage in several industries, including residential, commercial, and contract cleaning.
- North America and European regions majorly drive the residential segment. Fogging machines in the residential segment are majorly oriented toward disinfecting and pest control in gardens, fences, lawns, and floors.
- In 2020, the commercial segment was the largest revenue generator for the market, with inevitable application in the agriculture industry, food and beverage, healthcare, and hospitality sectors. Commercial cleaners also have a significant contribution for equipment such as foggers, which have been crucial during the pandemic time. As the demand for professional disinfection increases, EPA-approved disinfectants, fumigation, and fogging machines have also in high demand that has led to the rise in the sale of the equipment.
SEGMENTATION BY DISTRIBUTION
- The global offline fog machines market is expected to reach over USD 8 billion by 2026. In 2020, the offline segment contributed the highest market revenue to the global fogger machines market. The offline segment expects to sustain its dominance throughout the forecast period with an expected absolute growth of over 66%. Further, with the rise in hygiene concerns, professional contract cleaning services surpassed the pre-COVID-19 growth estimation in 2020.
- The online sales contributed over 18% share to the global fog market revenue in 2020, propelled by the demand from retailers, dealers, and consumers for a multi-channel approach and technical support. Further, online sales witnessed new heights owing to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, where physical stores were highly restricted or closed for operations to avoid the spread of the virus.
SEGMENTATION BY GEOGRAPHY
The APAC market expects to reach approx. USD 3 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of approx. 11% during the forecast period. Stringent regulations, sanitization, and increasing hygiene awareness are highly likely to drive the sale of fogging equipment in the region. The growth of the fogging machines market share in Europe is mainly supported by the increased business investments, new office construction and other commercial spaces, government spending on infrastructure and transportation, and growth in hospitality supported by the rise in travel and tourism in the region.
SEGMENTATION BY VENDORS
Vendors use modern and creative technologies and services in the fogging machines for pest control and expand the business offering to achieve larger market shares. The focus is heavily shifting on the digitization of the fogging market or developing mobile-supporting applications to enhance customer experience. Modern fogging machines are more durable and corrosion-resistant despite changing weather conditions. The demand for sustainable disinfection techniques with the rise in competition from alternative approaches can trigger the sales of battery foggers that can gain significance through online distribution channels. Further, extended sales service, customer support, warranty, ease of accessibility towards replacement parts can determine the level of adoption during the forecast period.
The fogging machines market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry analysis, market dynamics with revenue, and forecast insights for the following segments:
- Food & Beverage
- Public & Municipality
- Automotive & Manufacturing
- Contract Cleaning
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa