HOME WATER FILTRATION INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
The global home water filtration market size to reach revenues of USD 7.13 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.49% during the forecast period. The home water filtration systems market is expected to pose an absolute growth of 63.05%, with growth potential in APAC, Latin American, and the Middle East & African region in the upcoming years. The government initiatives towards health awareness are enforcing the adoption of purification and filtration systems across the residential sector.
The market for home water filters is expected to grow 1.63 times during the forecast period. Smart filters, DIY installation, cost-effectiveness, environmental impact, legal regulations, awareness are some of the attributes expected to determine the level of adoption in the next five years. The incorporation of smart features in the purification filters is attracting a more significant number of customers. Many projects, subjects, activities, lab works are articulated towards new and innovative filtration techniques.
HOME WATER FILTRATION MARKET: KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- With the high preferences for pitchers and dispensers in the European region, the product segment is expected to generate incremental revenue of USD 300.12 million during the forecast period.
- The cooking segment is expected to pose an absolute growth of 59.86% during the forecast period, as filters are intended to prevent foodborne illness.
- North America’s home water filtration market is expected to generate incremental revenue of USD 0.56 billion by 2026, with high health concerns for safe drinking water.
- With 15 stages unique filtration system, the shower filters from AquaHomeGroup are recognized for their enrichment with vitamin C and E.
KEY OPPORTUNITIES IN THE MARKET:
- Introduction of smart purifiers
- Increasing acceptance of RO filtration systems
- A boom in the usage of DIY water filters
MARKET SHARE & SEGMENTS
The online segment is expected to pose an absolute growth of 55.89% during the forecast period.
- Whole house water filters are the most expensive and efficient systems for residences. The segment is expected to pose an absolute growth of 61.56% by 2026. Consumers prefer whole house filter systems for their chlorine, odor-free water, and many other benefits.
- The manufactures are introducing new countertop and under the sink models with DIY installation and easy mounting without professional expertise to enhance convenience levels for the consumers.
- Inline filter adoption is high in households with well water supplies where the demand can be specific in countries like India, Indonesia. The APAC region accounted for 40.58% of the home water filtration market share in the inline segment.
- Brands like Purifit offers filters for automatic washing machines that can protect the clothes from harsh chemicals, which is highly preferable by the consumers.
- The water filters market is highly competitive, and the distributors are increasingly focusing on extending their reach to improve the speed to market maintenance parts and services.
- The purification & filtration systems are available to end-users through online e-commerce portals and online direct-to-consumer stores such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Alibaba, AliExpress, and other official company websites, thereby boosting the sales of the water filters.
- The factors like pipe leakage, piping infrastructure, underground sewage system, pollution, storage tank cleanliness are primary attributes accounting for the purity level of water across the globe.
- Vendors like GE, Whirlpool, EarthSmart, are pioneering in offering inline filters that are compatible with various OEM brands.
- The discounted filter replacement program from Aquasana – Water For Life has numerous benefits, including auto-delivery, free shipping, extended warranty, no contract 15% off on replacement filters where such schemes are recommended for other players to surge the growth in the water filter market.
APAC held the largest market share for filtration systems in 2020, accounting for 35.33% of the total share.
APAC and North America dominate the home water filtration market share. Inadequate sewage disposal mechanisms, low and ineffective public water treatment plants, and high incidence of waterborne diseases like typhoid are expected to propel the demand for filtration systems across APAC. In a highly competitive and fragmented country like China, customer needs & demands, source of distribution, and customer satisfaction are more crucial to sustain and gain a competitive edge in the upcoming years.
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic is accelerating the market's growth across geography, thereby creating high growth opportunities for the companies. More than 90% of households in the US prefer faucet filters as an effective and affordable filter solution. The US water filtration market is expected to reach USD 1.29 billion by 2026. Pelican, Aquasana, APEX Water Filters, TAPP, Crystal Quest are some of the key players in the US.
The home water filtration market is highly competitive with the presence of product innovation by several players. Some significant players dominating the market are Aquasana, Culligan, iSpring, Pentair, and APEC Water Systems. Collaborating the product with smart technology and mobile applications serve as a significant point of differentiation in the fragmented home water filtration systems market. Product penetration with customer awareness programs can be effective in growing economies for the vendors in the global market. The growth of offline water filtration systems and highly customer-friendly approaches are booming in the APAC and Latin American water purification market. Players are expected to achieve higher in the smart purifier market.
The global home water filtration market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry analysis with and forecast revenue insights for the following segments:
Segmentation by Product Type
- Whole House
- Under the Sink
- Pitchers & Dispensers
- Shower Mounted
- Laundry & Appliances
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia